Understanding Your Roofing Structure
Whether you own a residential or commercial property, you are going to need someone to inspect your roof. You are going to need a contractor that can find potential problems, areas of concern, and more, and then be able to act on them. For that, you need Sugar Land Premier Roofing. We are a dependable roofing company in the area offering a variety of services, including a roof inspection for a Sugar Land, TX property. Dial 281-747-8990 to get started with us today.
What is a Roof Inspection?
This is exactly what it sounds like. Inspecting a roof is a common service offered by many roofing companies and contractors. It involves the process of thoroughly examining a roofing structure, both inside and outside. The whole point of an inspection is to determine the integrity of the roofing structure, how long it will potentially last, and when the roof may need to be replaced. A quality inspection will involve a contractor getting up on the roof, but don’t worry. They won’t need to tear into your roof to come to these conclusions. How will you know it’s time to schedule inspection services? There are several signs for a roof inspection that you can look for such as dark spots on ceilings, missing shingles, granules everywhere, and more. To schedule an appointment for a roof inspection in your area, look no further than Sugar Land Premier Roofing.
Roof Inspection Checklist
Because roof inspection costs can vary so widely, it can be very tempting to Google search roof inspection how-to lists and more. However, there is nothing that can beat a professional inspection service. With a professional and credible report, you can easily, and quickly, file roof insurance claims and even more. There are a number of benefits that come with professional services, but if you are interested in what contractors look for, here is a general list:
- Broken or curling shingles: One obvious sign that it’s time to schedule an appointment is if there are any broken or curling shingles. You’ll be able to notice that the usual pattern is incorrect or inconsistent. Or shingles may be buckling or pulling away from the roof. Either way, these are serious issues that need to be addressed.
- Missing shingles: Another obvious sign you need an inspection occurs when shingles are completely missing. Asphalt shingles can and do protect your roof decking from the elements. When there are gaps or holes from missing shingles, your decking can potentially become compromised.
- Cracked or damaged rubber boots: Around the chimney or protrusions, there are rubber boots. These help to seal the seams while also providing structure. Overtime, and with constant sun exposure, they can become damaged, cracked, and broken. If you see this, it’s time for an inspection.
- Cracked caulking: Just like the rubber boots, caulking is used around seams. And just like rubber boots, caulking can become damaged or cracked overtime. When that happens, your roof is seriously compromised and may be more prone to leaks and other problems.
- Rusted flashing: Flashing is a thin metal sheet installed under your roofing material. It helps to direct water off and away from the roof so it can properly dry after storms. However, flashing can become rusted over time, resulting in leaks, damage, and more. You’ll be able to know what’s going on with regular inspections.
- Mold or mildew: Another clear indication that you need an inspection is if there is the presence of mold or mildew. These are able to grow when there is little to no air circulation on a roof. If you starting to notice spots of mold on your roof, schedule an inspection.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to have a roof inspection?
- The cost for a professional roof inspection can vary widely. Some contractors offer free inspection services while others may charge a flat fee, by the hour, and more. The best way to determine the cost is to contact your roofing company of choice and ask.
- What should I expect from a roof inspection?
- You should expect the contractor to get on the roof for the inspection as well as, potentially, need to get into the attic to check the structure. At the end, you should expect a comprehensive report that provides detailed information, photographs, and more.
- Does roof need inspection?
- Yes, your roof needs to be inspected at least once a year or once every few years. Doing so will help you stay on top of any problem areas so they don’t become major issues later on. Inspections are the best way to protect and preserve the health of your roofing structure.
- Why do I need a roof inspection?
- You need to have your roof inspected to check for any potential problems. The time when you need one the most would be after a major storm that includes high winds or hail. In those cases, there could be extensive damage that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
- How do you do a roof inspection?
- Start by checking from the ground level. Is the soffit or fascia damaged, sagging, or missing? Check for asphalt shingle granules around your home and in the gutters. Then, take a look at seams and points of connection. Make sure the caulking is still in good condition and such.
Connect With Us Today for More Services
Dial 281-747-8990 to schedule an appointment for a roof inspection in the Sugar Land, TX area. Someone from Sugar Land Premier Roofing is waiting for your call!